Preschool – Early Learning
Our program is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and is State Licensed. Our Early Learning Center has been successfully operating for 30 plus years and is located in a brand new section of our facility.
We will prepare your 3 or 4 year old for kindergarten in a caring environment with a Ratio 8:1. With an increase focus on literacy and learning through exploration, your child will develop social, emotional, physical and academic skills necessary for the beginning of his/her academic career. Our program includes:
- IXL Math Program: Highly acclaimed, award-winning online math program. Matches state standards, and parents are able to monitor and work with their child’s skills.
- The Value Tree Language Arts Curriculum: Build self-confidence and language art skills as they grow into value-driven individuals.
- Scholastic Readers: Teaches science, history and math.
- Computer Time: Teaches math, reading readiness and thinking skills.
- Sight Words: Books, recognition and guided reading practices.
- Language Development: Focusing on reading, writing, listening , and speaking connections.
- Music and Movement/Socialization.
- Swimming Lessons: Swim instructors certified in American Red Cross, Water Safety Instructor and or YMCA swim lesson instructor.
- Educational Field Trips, Family Events and Special Events
Registration is on-going and spaces are limited. Please contact our Child Care Department at ext. 3115 for hours and availability.
Half Day Program (child must be toilet trained)
3 year old Program: Days & Times: Tuesday and Thursday, 9:00am-1:00pm
4 year old Program: Days & Times: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 9:00am-1:00pm
Full Day Program (child must be toilet trained)
3 & 4 year old Program: Days & Times: Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 6:00 pm
As with all programs, we offer financial assistance to those who qualify. Applications are available upon request at the Welcome Center.
Care 4 Kids helps low to moderate income families in Connecticut pay for child care costs. This program is sponsored by the State of Connecticut’s Department of Social Services (also called DSS).
To learn more about Care 4 Kids, take a look at this website. You can look at the site to find out how the program works, who is eligible, and more. http://ctcare4kids.com/