Life Skills Save Lives
If you’re 15 or older and looking for a great part-time job or a challenging career, that’s in demand, the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Program is one of the best places to start. Lifeguarding lets you work as part of a team to help people safely enjoy the water. You could even save a life!
Learning is fun and easy! Through videos, group discussion, and hands-on practice, you’ll learn—
- Rescue skills for use in the water and on land.
- First aid and professional rescuer CPR/AED training to help you prepare for an emergency.
- Professional lifeguard responsibilities.
- Surveillance skills to help you recognize and prevent injuries.
- Swim a minimum of 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing.
(May swim using front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggle may be used)
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Swim 20 yards, feet-first surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a10 pound object
- Return to surface swim 20 yards hold an object with both hands keeping face at or near pool surface
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps
WHEN & TIME: Winter Course
Thursday, 12/26, 5:30 pm – 7 pm
Friday, 12/27, 5:30 pm – 8 pm
Saturday, 12/28, 8:30 am – 5 pm
Sunday, 12/29, 10 am – 5 pm
FEE: Members $275 / Community Members $375
CONTACT: Alex Hunter, Aquatics Director, E firstname.lastname@example.org