We’ve Missed You!
Date: June 8, 2020
We’ve missed you at the Y and want to keep you updated on the steps we are taking to reopen our membership branches and reactivate key programs!
As you know, we’re following guidelines from leading health experts and our local officials to ensure that we are meeting the highest standards for your hygiene and safety. To meet our commitment, we have modified our Ys, to facilitate safe physical and social distancing practices:
- Membership Branch Hours: M-F 7:00am-7:00pm; Sat 7:00am-4:00pm.
- Specific entrance and exit procedures will be used.
- Wellness centers will be open! Our Wellness center will look a little different when you return. Cardio equipment will be rotated to help maintain social distancing and cleanliness. Benches and free weight stations will be spread out. Strength and circuit equipment will have a one-way directional flow.
- The State of CT guidance about pools was provided on Saturday, June 6. We will share our aquatic reopening plans and information about lap swims, swim lessons and family swims shortly. Yes, we all feel we are fish out of water.
- Group X classes will be virtual and accessible from your home.
- Cycling, locker rooms, showers, gymnasiums and child watch remain temporarily closed.
- To continue to support you and your family, our Virtual Wellness and Virtual Youth and Family Programs will continue.
We remain focused on what matters most: your health, your family and friends and our community. We know this has not been easy. We thank you and your family for doing your part.
We look forward to seeing you soon and will provide more about our reopening plans. At the Y, you can always find a way to make a positive impact on our community, together!