Gearing Up for a Fun-Filled Summer
Date: June 9, 2021
Programming to keep kids exploring and learning all summer long
The Central Connecticut Coast YMCA is making plans for the summer and gearing up for summer adventures that will keep kids active, engaged and healthy all summer long.
Summer is the ideal time for kids to get up, get out and explore, and this is especially true this summer, following more than a year of safety precautions, explains Dave Stevenson, CCCY President and CEO.
“The social, emotional and physical benefits camp provides are going to be more beneficial in 2021 than ever before, and we’re thrilled to be able to open and to help children and teens build lifelong connections and confidence,” says Dave Stevenson, CCCY President and CEO. “In our summer camps, kids are in a welcoming environment where they can belong, they’re building relationships, developing character and discovering their potential. We really encourage parents to give their kids the gift of camp to keep them active and engaged all summer long.”
There are at least five reasons why children and teens should attend summer camp:
- ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of new experiences and exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen.
- HEALTHY FUN: Day and resident camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their healthy eating habits.
- PERSONAL GROWTH: While in the welcoming environment of camp, youth have a chance to learn new skills, and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges. Camps offer cognitive learning and social-emotional development opportunities for achievement.
- FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, canoeing and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships. The bonds formed at camp are important and lasting for many youth.
- MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories (and camp traditions) that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of camp stories to share!
For additional information, including registration and scholarship information, please visit the CAMP pages of our web site.