Life Skills Save Lives
Are you responsible, honest, caring, and respectful? Are you a strong swimmer? Are you over the age of sixteen and looking for a summer job? Then the Soundview Family YMCA wants to hire you!
Get certified in CPR/AED, First Aid, and Lifeguarding through the Blended Learning American Red Cross Lifeguard Course. After successfully completing this course and submitting to a background & reference check, you will be immediately hired by the Soundview Family YMCA.
With just a $50 deposit, you can start a lifelong career as a lifeguard.
- At least 16 years of age.
- Access to a computer or tablet & the internet.
- Swim 300 yards continuously.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using legs only.
- Complete a timed event (swim 20 yards, surface dive, pick up a ten pound object, return it to the side of the pool, and climb out)
- Pay $50 deposit & sign agreement to pay out the class in full before Monday, September 6 2021.
- At the conclusion of the class agree to work at least one shift per week at the Soundview Family YMCA until the entirety of the lifeguard class is paid in full.
- June 18, 5-9:30pm
- June 19, 8am—6:30pm (with lunch break)
- June 21, 5-9:30pm
*times subject to change based on pace of class
CLASS LOCATION: Soundview Family YMCA
Register today by calling the YMCA or signing up online. If you have any questions, please contact Aquatics Director & Course Instructor Alex Hunter at email@example.com.