Gearing Up for a Fun-Filled Summer
Date: May 5, 2022
Camp keeps kids exploring and learning all summer long
The Central Connecticut Coast YMCA is making plans for the summer and gearing up for summer adventures that will keep kids active, engaged and healthy all summer long.
“Summer is the ideal time for kids to get up, get out and explore, and this is especially true this summer, following a long period of COVID-19 precautions,” explains David Stevenson, CCCY President & CEO.
Here are five reasons why children and teens should attend summer camp:
- ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of new experiences and exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen.
- HEALTHY FUN: Day and resident camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their healthy eating habits.
- PERSONAL GROWTH: While in the welcoming environment of camp, youth have a chance to learn new skills, and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges. Camps offer cognitive learning and social-emotional development opportunities for achievement.
- FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, sports and STEAM projects campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships. The bonds formed at camp are important and lasting for many youth.
- MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that creates memories (and camp traditions) that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of camp stories to share!
“The social, emotional and physical benefits camp provides are going to be more beneficial in 2022 than ever before, and we’re thrilled to be able to open and to help children and teens build lifelong connections and confidence,” says David Stevenson. “In our day and overnight camps, kids are in a welcoming environment where they can belong, build relationships and lasting friendships, develop character and discover their potential.
For additional information, including registration and scholarship information, please visit the CAMP pages of our web site.