Life Skills Save Lives
Earn a Job as a Certified Lifeguard
Are you responsible, honest, caring, and respectful? Are you a strong swimmer? Are you over the age of sixteen and looking for a job? Then the Soundview Family YMCA wants to hire you!
Get certified in CPR/AED, First Aid, and Lifeguarding through the Blended Learning American Red Cross Lifeguard Course. After successfully completing this course and submitting to a background & reference check, you will be immediately hired by the Soundview Family YMCA and your class will be at no cost to you! Start your lifelong career as a lifeguard today.
CLASS SCHEDULE: December 27 9am-3pm, December 28 9am-3pm, December 29 9:30am-3pm, December 30 9-11am (TEST DAY)
REQUIREMENTS: You must be:
- At least 16 years of age.
- Access to a computer or tablet & the internet.
- Swim 300 yards continuously.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using legs only.
- Complete a timed event (swim 20 yards, surface dive, pick up a ten pound object, return it to the side of the pool, and climb out)
REGISTRATION: Call the YMCA, or sign up online.
If you have any questions, please contact Aquatics Director & Course Instructor Alex Hunter E firstname.lastname@example.org.