Renewing Our Strength Together
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA
LIVESTRONG ® at the YMCA is a FREE 12-week small group program designed for adult cancer survivors seeking to regain health as they become de-conditioned or chronically fatigued from treatment and/or disease. This program includes:
Two 75-minute classes per week, Tuesdays and Fridays, 1:30PM-2:45PM
Family Membership with full access to the Y and Central Connecticut Coast YMCA branches seven days per week
Our certified instructors provide a supportive, safe environment for each class and have undergone specialized training in the areas of cancer, post-rehab exercise, nutrition, and supportive cancer care. LIVESTRONG ® at the YMCA is provided at no cost to participants thanks to the generosity of those who donate to our Annual Campaign.
2024 Spring Session
Intake Dates: Now through March 1, 2024
Session Begins: March 5, 2024
Now accepting enrollments.
The LIVESTRONG at the YMCA program includes:
• Two 75 minute classes per week
• Full access to the Y seven days a week
CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION
• Available for individuals currently undergoing cancer treatment or have completed their treatment.
• Strong personal desire and commitment to attend classes
• Obtain a signed medical clearance form
• Participate in an interview with our Intake Specialist, complete a confidential health assessment and program registration forms.