In Bridgeport, the YMCA has provided programming since 1884 and youth services since 1929. We offer the greater Bridgeport community access to affordable child care, youth and teen programs, summer camp, youth swim lessons and safety around water programming. Learn more about the Bridgeport YMCA and how you can become a youth member.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 7:30 am-5:30 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Address & Phone:
850 Park Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
P 203 334 5551
F 203 334 2847
Get Directions »
Forever in Service
The New Year often brings feelings of positive improvement and change – a new year, a time to focus on living a better life and providing support for those around us. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a pioneer in the world of positive improvement and change, we celebrate him and his work, MLK Day, Monday January 18. For over 20 years, MLK Day has been a time that individuals were encouraged to volunteer their time to improve their communities.
You can help us build a better us. Be involved with us.
Join us for our Days of Service.
Engage along side us to help our community. Together we can make a difference.
Donate! Our goal is to collect over 180 pounds of non-perishable food, household staples and other items at each Y. That’s a total of 1,800 pounds! Every canned good and toilet paper roll counts. Collection points are:
- Lakewood-Trumbull Y Food and Toiletries Drive for the Alpha Community Services YMCA. Non-perishable food donations and toiletries are being collected for the Alpha Community Services YMCA in Bridgeport. Click for a list of the most requested items: Food and Toiletries Drive Items
- Ralphola Taylor Community Center YMCA is holding a can good drive which will help support the Bridgeport Tabernacle SDA Church food pantry. All donations welcome.
- The Stratford Y is holding a Personal Hygiene Drive Jan 12-19 for our Stratford community partners. Items most requested are: shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, mouthwash, floss, baby powder, deodorant, razors, shaving cream, hand sanitizer, lotion, baby wipes, feminine products. Please drop your donations off at the Y.
- Soundview Family Y: Let’s lend a helping hand and help the Madison Food Pantry! Collection time is Monday 1/18 -Thursday 1/21, 7am-7pm at the Soundview Family YMCA in Branford.
- The Soundview Family Y is running a ‘Warm Their Soles’ care package drive for the community homeless collecting essential items such as warm socks, gloves, hats, scarves, toothbrushes/toothpaste, hand wipes, hand warmers, band-aids, nail clippers, lip balm, bottled water, tampons/sanitary pads, individually wrapped granola bars/crackers. Please donate on Monday, January 18.
- Valley Y and Woodruff Family Y Book Drive. Bring in new or gently used books between January 11 – January 28. Our goal is to collect over 180 books at each of our branches. A collection bin will be located at the front door of each Y to collect the books.
Volunteer! Get involved and work beside us with other community supporters. Sign up to volunteer for a safe, socially distanced volunteer shift at one of many events. We hope to have a YMCA presence at each! Volunteer groups welcome!
- The Valley Y and the Woodruff Family Y are looking for volunteers to decorate bookmarks to go along with the books. Beginning on Monday, January 11, pick up a packet of assembled materials from the Woodruff Family Y or the Valley YMCA to make bookmarks at home! This could be a great family community service. We encourage you to decorate with multicultural quotes or along those lines.
- Join the Woodruff Family Y for a distanced bookmark making project via Zoom on Monday, January 18 at 2:30pm. Y staff will be reading some of their favorite stories as we decorate our bookmarks.
- The Stratford Y is partnering with the Baldwin Center to cheer up our seniors. Our children and staff are making cards to be delivered to our Baldwin Center friends. Supplies will be provided at the Y on Monday, Jan 18 – or please, make them at home and bring them to the Y by Jan 18.
- Milford Food2Kids – January 28 9am-11am. Contact email@example.com for more information and to reserve your spot to volunteer.
- Red Cross Blood Drive at the Woodruff Family Y – January 28 9am – 1pm / February 25 9am – 2pm. Contact Redcross.org to make an appointment to give.
- Red Cross Blood Drive at the Lakewood-Trumbull Y – February 9 9am – 2:30pm. For an appointment/to register to donate at https://www.redcrossblood.org/give.html/drive-results?zipSponsor
Support! Make an on-line donation to support this vital work so that the Central Connecticut Coast YMCA can help serve those in our community who needs us most. Our goal is to raise at least $3,500 during our Days of Service. Every dollar counts!
The Y. For a Better Us.
Thank you for supporting our Days of Service!
Winter 1 Program Guide
If you’re hoping for a happier and healthier New Year – let the Y help you! There are plenty of ways to smile while engaging in Y activities – have your child participate in swim lessons or small group class, learn a new activity or meet a new friend in a child care program.
Our Winter 1 Program Guide may have just the program that provides you with joy. Take a look: Bridgeport Y RTCC Y 2021 Winter 1 Program Guide
Winter 1 Session dates: January 4 – February 28
Registration dates: Members – December 14 / Community Members – December 21
Learn Together, Play Together
Bridgeport Y School Readiness Programs
Serving Bridgeport children ages 3 & 4 years
At the Bridgeport Y, kids try new things, build their confidence, make new friends and smile every day. Affordable tuition. Care 4 Kids accepted.
Openings Available. Enroll your child today!
YMCA Kolbe Education Center, 401 Kossuth Street, Bridgeport, CT 06608 P 203 332 6447
YMCA PALS V, 850 Park Avenue, Bridgeport, CT 06604 P 203 334 5551
CONTACT: Terry McCarthy, Executive Director of Child Care Services, P 203 332 6447 or E firstname.lastname@example.org