In Bridgeport, the YMCA has provided programming since 1884 and youth services since 1929. We offer the greater Bridgeport community access to affordable child care, youth and teen programs, summer camp, youth swim lessons and safety around water programming. Learn more about the Bridgeport YMCA and how you can become a youth member.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 7:30 am-5:30 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Address & Phone:
850 Park Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
P 203 334 5551
F 203 334 2847
Get Directions »
Forever in Service
Since March, the Central Connecticut Coast YMCA has collected almost 10,000 pounds of food for over 25 local food pantries to feed our community members facing food insecurity – one of our community’s most critical needs.
Over 56, YMCA staff and Board Volunteers have participated in over nineteen Food Distribution Events to support the efforts of our community partners.
Our hunger relief efforts have grown leaps and bounds in the last nine months and will continue as long as there is a need among our neighbors and community members.
You can help us provide hunger relief in our community.
Be involved with us.
Join us for our Days of Service – October 25-November 14, 2020.
Engage along side us to help our community. Together we can make a difference.
Donate a non-perishable food item on Saturday, November 14. Our goal is to collect over 500 pounds of non-perishable food and household staples at each Y. That’s a total of 3,500 pounds! Every canned good and toilet paper roll counts. Collection points are:
- Fairfield Y, 9am-2pm. Non-perishable food donations will help support the efforts of Operation Hope.
- Hamden/North Haven Y and New Haven YMCA Youth Center, 9am-1pm. Non-perishables will be collected at the Keefe Community Center, 11 Pine Street, Hamden. We are helping support the Keefe Community Center Food Pantry.
- Lakewood-Trumbull Y, 9am-12pm. Non-perishable food donations and household cleaning supplies are being collected for the Monroe and Trumbull Food Pantries.
- Soundview Family Y, 7am-4pm. We are collecting items for the Community Dining Room, serving south-central Connecticut from East Haven to Old Saybrook. Click requested Food Drive items.
- Stratford Y, 10am-1pm. Food collected will be donated to the food pantries at the Sterling House Community Center and the Stratford South End Community Center.
- Woodruff Family Y, 9am-noon. We are collecting the items on this list for the Milford Beth-el Center.
Volunteer! Work beside us and other community supporters. Sign up to volunteer for a safe, socially distanced volunteer shift at one many Food Distribution Events. There may be one where you and your family live. We hope to have a YMCA presence at each event on this list! Volunteer groups welcome! Click for Volunteer Opportunities.
- Lakewood-Trumbull Y, now-October 31. We are accepting food donations for the local food pantries in Trumbull and Monroe.
- Lakewood-Trumbull Y, now-October 31. To help our sister Y, Alpha Community Services YMCA, we are collecting new t-shirts in all sizes. Alpha Community Services Y in Bridgeport manages the largest family emergency shelter in Connecticut and provides supportive services to over 400 homeless clients each year.
- Lakewood-Trumbull Y, November 9-14. We are collecting non-perishable food and household supplies for the Monroe Food Pantry and the Trumbull Food Pantry. Click for a list of what they’re requesting.
- Soundview Family Y, October 19-22. We are collecting non-perishable food donations to support the Branford Food Pantry.
- Soundview Family Y, November 9-12. The Y is assisting the North Branford Food Pantry by collecting food donations.
- Stratford Y, November 2-12. We will be collecting non-perishable food items in the lobby of the Y. Food collected will be donated to the food pantries at the Sterling House Community Center and the Stratford South End Community Center.
- Valley Y and Valley Y Child Care Center, November 2-13, is holding a school supply drive to benefit the Ansonia and Derby School Systems.
- Woodruff Family Y, now-October 31. Let’s stock our Purple Pantry! Collecting non perishable foods and household supplies.
- Woodruff Family Y, now-October 31. Diaper drive. Collecting new diapers for the United Way of Milford’s diaper bank.
- Woodruff Family Y, November 9-14 for the benefit of the Milford Beth-el Center.
Support! Make an on-line donation to support this vital work so that the Central Connecticut Coast YMCA can help serve those in our community who needs us most. Our goal is to raise at least $3,500 during our Days of Service. Every dollar counts!
The Y. For a Better Us.
Thank you for supporting our Days of Service!
October 19: The Valley Y was fortunate to spend a couple hours giving back to our community, helping with the USDA Farmers to Families Food Box Program, sponsored by TEAM, Inc. Along with TEAM, the Y, State Rep. Kara Rochelle, State Senator George Logan (Y Volunteer) and other community leaders…nearly 600 boxes went to families in the Greater Valley! Do good, feel good!
Learn Together, Play Together
Bridgeport Y School Readiness Programs
Serving Bridgeport children ages 3 & 4 years
At the Bridgeport Y, kids try new things, build their confidence, make new friends and smile every day. Affordable tuition. Care 4 Kids accepted.
Openings Available. Enroll your child today!
YMCA Kolbe Education Center, 401 Kossuth Street, Bridgeport, CT 06608 P 203 332 6447
YMCA PALS V, 850 Park Avenue, Bridgeport, CT 06604 P 203 334 5551
CONTACT: Terry McCarthy, Executive Director of Child Care Services, P 203 332 6447 or E email@example.com