Family Open Swim
Bring the kids to our warm water pool for quality family time during our Family Open Swim Program. Families are welcome to bring children of all ages to enjoy our pool. Children under the age of 12 must have a supervising adult with them in the pool area. Children 9 and under are required to have a parent in the water, ages 9-12 need a parent on deck. Any non-swimmer must wear a US Coast Guard approved Personal Flotation Device in the shallow end of the pool and must have an adult in the water within arm’s reach. To swim in the deep end, a swim test will be administered by a lifeguard.
WHEN & TIME: Wednesdays 6:30 pm – 7:45 pm, Saturdays 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
FEE: Adults (ages 18+) $5, Youth (ages 0-17) $3
Keeping Kids’ Minds and Bodies Active
The Y offers the following tips to help families develop healthy habits:
- High Five the Fruits and Veggies – Make sure kids get at least five servings a day, the minimum number nutritionists recommend to maintain healthy childhood development. And to keep kids’ taste buds evolving, have everyone in the family try at least one bite of a new fruit or vegetable at least once a month.
- Foster an Early and Ongoing Passion for Books – Read to and with your kids. Help children read at every age and every stage of their development.
- Team Up for Athletic Events – Set a family goal of great health by teaming up for community or charity events like races, walks, fun runs, bike rides, etc.
- Volunteer Together – Find a cause that matters to the kids. Open their eyes to a world beyond themselves and the rich rewards that come from making a difference.
- Make sleep a priority – Doctors recommend 10-12 hours of sleep a day for children ages 5-12 and 7-8 hours per night for adults. Sleep plays a critical role in maintaining our healthy immune system, metabolism, mood, memory, learning and other vital functions.