Give For A Better US
By supporting the Y, you help guarantee that everyone, regardless of their ability to pay, can experience the Y participate in healthy programs to improve their lives, bridge gaps that have recently expanded and change many trajectories.
Your donation will help us strengthen our community by providing financial assistance for early learning programs, school aged child care, summer camp, safety in and around the water and swim lessons.
The goal for the 2023 Bridgeport YMCA Annual Campaign is $170,000 and will serve ALL who need US.
Some reasons why our donors GIVE;
“I give because I have confidence in the importance of promoting quality early learning environments for children that are culturally and developmentally appropriate despite their religion, ethnicity, socio-economic status, language, etc.”; “Giving just feels right”; “I give to the Annual Campaign because I think the money I make could be more helpful to others than it is to me.”
Consider making a gift:
- A $1,000 gives a child a head start in our school readiness program.
- A $500 gift sends an at-risk youth to Summer Camp.
- A $250 gift supports a working family by assisting with Early Learning or School Aged Child Care cost.
- A $100 gift helps the Y teach a child to be safe in and around the water, and to learn how to swim.
- A $50 gift provides basic living items for a family in need.
The Central Connecticut Coast YMCA is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit, charitable community service organization, EIN: 06-0662195. Your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. No goods or services were provided in exchange for your generous financial donation.
BE A PART OF SOMETHING: VOLUNTEER AT THE Y
Your generosity and the generosity of other like-minded members of our community is the core of our organization’s success. Volunteer opportunities at the Central Connecticut Coast YMCA run the gambut, from one-time commitments such as working to raise funds to support our Financial Assistance programs, to helping at a special event, to longer-term opportunities such as coaching youth and teen sports and tutoring youth.
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING WITH THE YMCA
The YMCA offers volunteers a chance to improve the lives of children and families and to make our communities stronger. In addition to feeling great about your efforts, volunteers have the opportunity to:
- Experience personal growth
- Create opportunities for your neighbors to participate at the Y
- Give back to the community through service to others
- Explore and/or discover a hidden passion
- Expand knowledge and skills through training and hands-on experiences
- Fulfill community service requirements for school credit
- Develop new relationships and make friends
- Gain community service experience to add to college, financial aid, scholarship and employment applications
- Learn, grow and HAVE FUN!
Volunteers are critically important to carrying out our mission, so we ask our program volunteers to go through an application and screening process similar to that of our paid staff members. You are a part of the team! This process ensures that the best fit is made between you and the program you are working with, while also ensuring we adhere to our safety protocols.
Focused on creating lasting personal and social change for our community
The Bridgeport YMCA is governed by our Board of Managers that consists of volunteers from throughout Bridgeport.
- Phyllis Anderson
- Teri Brown
- Lissette Colon
- Crystal Engram
- Elaine Folley
- Caesar Irby, Co-Chair
- Terron Jones, Office of EM&HS, Co-Chair
- Blanca Kazmierczak, M&T Bank
- Heather Lange, Brody Wilkinson, PC
- Sarah Lewis
- James Rollinson, Dworken, Hillman, LaMorte & Sterczala, P.C.
- Rev. Sara Smith, United Congregational Church
- Regina Vermont