Give For A Better US
Every day, the Y strengthens communities for kids, adults, seniors and families with programs that protect, teach, connect, heal, nourish and encourage. It’s how we help communities and the “us” who live in them find the power of their full potential.
Forty-percent of Connecticut residents do not earn enough income to cover their household living expenses. Being a member of the YMCA should not be one of the expenses a family cannot afford, therefore, the Bridgeport Y, a branch of the Central Connecticut Coast YMCA, a charitable non-profit organization, is committed to overcoming this barrier for youth and families.
Today, twenty-five percent of children, teens, and their families need financial assistance to be a part of the Y. In order to reach their greatest health, academic and development potential, they need your help!
The Y provides citizens within the Bridgeport community with access to the extraordinary, lifesaving and enriching programs and opportunities.
The Y welcomes all regardless of ability to pay and your gift makes this possible. Your contributions to the Bridgeport YMCA provide direct financial assistance for children, families and ALL individuals to participate in the YMCA.
When you donate to the Bridgeport YMCA, you make our communities better and the “us” who live in them stronger.
All kids deserve the opportunity to discover who they are and what they can achieve, under the guidance of caring adults who believe in their potential. We see every interaction with young people as an opportunity for learning and development—all grounded in the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
We help people and families build and maintain healthy habits for spirit, mind and body in their everyday lives. By helping kids and families from all walks of life improve their health and well-being, we build a stronger community.
With our doors open to all, we bring together people from all backgrounds, to support those in need. We take on the most urgent needs in our community and inspire a spirit of service in return. Our members, volunteers, supporters and staff demonstrate the power of what we can achieve by giving back together.
Every dollar donated to the Bridgeport YMCA stays in our communities and goes directly to serving youth and families in need. Donate today for a better us.
- $500 Teaches 5 children the life-saving skill of swimming
- $1000 Funds 6 weeks of summer camp for 1 youth
- $2000 Sponsors 2 families with yearly Y memberships
The Y. For a better us.
BE A PART OF SOMETHING: VOLUNTEER AT THE Y
HOW CAN I GIVE BACK?
Your generosity and the generosity of other like-minded members of our community is the core of our organization’s success. Volunteer opportunities at the Central Connecticut Coast YMCA run the gambit, from one-time commitments such as working to raise funds to support our Financial Assistance programs, to helping at a special event, to longer-term opportunities such as coaching youth and teen sports and tutoring youth.
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING WITH THE YMCA
The YMCA offers volunteers a chance to improve the lives of children and families and to make our communities stronger. In addition to feeling great about your efforts, volunteers have the opportunity to:
- Experience personal growth
- Create opportunities for your neighbors to participate at the Y
- Give back to the community through service to others
- Explore and/or discover a hidden passion
- Expand knowledge and skills through training and hands on experiences
- Fulfill community service requirements for school credit
- Develop new relationships and make friends
- Gain community service experience to add to college, financial aid, scholarship and employment applications
- Learn, grow and HAVE FUN!
Volunteers are critically important to carrying out our mission, so we ask our program volunteers to go through an application and screening process similar to that of our paid staff members. You are a part of the team! This process ensures that the best fit is made between you and the program you are working with, while also ensuring we adhere to our safety protocols.
Focused on creating lasting personal and social change for our community
The Bridgeport YMCA is governed by our Board of Managers that consists of volunteers from throughout Bridgeport.
- Tim Hammill, Save the Children
- Heather Lange, Brody Wilkinson, PC
- Terron Jones, Office of EM&HS
- Blanca Kazmierczak, People’s United Bank
- Ed Lomax, ETL Design
- Ivan Miranda, Bridgeport Hospital
- James Rollinson, Dworken, Hillman, LaMorte & Sterczala, P.C.
- Scott Santa, Santa Fuel
- Rev. Sara Smith, United Congregational Church
- Karl Wintermeyer, PSEG Operational Readiness Team