Camping at the Y offers an Experience for children and teens, not just care.
Exploring nature, swimming, shooting bows & arrows and making new friends are just some aspects of the experience of participating in Day Camp. As summer approaches, the Lakewood-Trumbull Y reminds parents that camping is a unique and invaluable experience for children and teens.
At Day Camp through the Y, campers will try things they have never tried before, build a relationship with our caring staff or a new friend, and of course, HAVE LOTS OF FUN! We don’t just sit in front of a TV all day, we enjoy nature, play games, learn songs, develop new skills, and we experience camp!
According to our friends at the Y, there are five reasons why kids should experience summer camp:
- ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of fun adventures and new experiences, and especially exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen.
- HEALTHY FUN: Day and resident camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their eating habits.
- PERSONAL GROWTH: While being away from the routine back home, youth have a chance to learn new skills and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges.
- NEW FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, field trips, arts & crafts, and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships.
- MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories and stories that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of stories to share!
The Lakewood-Trumbull Y provides exciting and educational camp programming for children and teens and their parents.
To ensure that every child and teen has the chance to go camping, the Lakewood-Trumbull YMCA offers financial assistance to those in need. We believe that no one should be turned away because of their inability to pay. Come, let us help!
For more information, contact the Lakewood-Trumbull Y at 203 445 9633
IMMERSE YOUR CHILD IN NATURE
Lakewood-Trumbull YMCA Family Outdoor Center Nature Nugget Class!
Outdoor immersion is so important for our kids! Come join us for a hands on nature immersion class at our YMCA Family Outdoor Center / Camp Tepee. This hour long class is for children ages 3-5 years old and their caregiver. Younger siblings are welcomed to observe, but class will not be geared towards them. We’ll explore, experiment, dig, smell, and learn about our backyards! Come explore and play!
WHERE: Lakewood-Trumbull YMCA Camp Tepee and Family Outdoor Center, 204 Stanley Road, Monroe, CT
WHEN: Saturday October 31-December 19 10-11am
FEE: Member $90 / Community Member $180
CONTACT: Kathleen Riley, Youth and Family Services Director, E firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi-Rock is THE sleepaway camp for the Central Connecticut Coast YMCA.
YMCA Camp Hi-Rock is a sleepaway camp located in Western Massachusetts. We are nestled among 1,000 acres in the Berkshire Mountains, surrounded by conservation forest, and centered around our pristine, private, ninety-acre lake. This gives us the ideal backdrop for the wide variety of activities we offer, which include swimming, climbing, water skiing, archery, sailing, and arts & crafts among many others. Through the values of the YMCA, Camp Hi-Rock is dedicated to the growth and development of all of the participants we serve. We seek to help each camper develop his or her sense of personal worth and responsibility as a cooperative member of a group. In addition, we want campers to discover, learn, cultivate new skills, develop healthy lifestyles, create meaningful relationships, and become more caring, honest, respectful and responsible people.
For more information about our camp programs, please visit our website at camphirock.org.
Camp and Outdoor Center
Our facility opens the Saturday before Memorial Day and closes after Labor Day. We offer summer pool memberships, group and private swim lessons, swim team, pool parties, and group rentals.
Our Camp and Outdoor Center offers 3 pools, snack bar, boating, tennis, basketball, rental, birthday parties, swim lessons and is home to our summer day camp, Camp Tepee.
204 Stanley Road
Monroe, CT 06468
P 203 261 2566
F 203 261 3146
Get Directions »
For more information about Outdoor Family Center Membership fees or Aquatics, please call P 203 445 9633.