Summers at the Y offers an Experience for children and teens, not just care.
Enjoying outdoor fun, swimming, field trips, arts & crafts and making new friends are just some aspects of the experience of participating in our Summer Care Program. As summer approaches, the New Haven Y Youth Center reminds parents that Summer Care is a unique and invaluable experience for children and teens.
At the New Haven Y Youth Center Summer Care, youth will try things they have never tried before, build a relationship with our caring staff or a new friend, and of course, HAVE LOTS OF FUN! We don’t just sit in front of a TV all day, we enjoy nature, play games, learn songs, develop new skills, and we experience summer!
According to our friends at the Y, there are five reasons why kids should experience summer at the Y:
- ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of fun adventures and new experiences, and especially exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen.
- HEALTHY FUN: Day and resident camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their eating habits.
- PERSONAL GROWTH: While being away from the routine back home, youth have a chance to learn new skills and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges.
- NEW FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, field trips, arts & crafts, and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships.
- MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories and stories that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of stories to share!
The New Haven Y Youth Center provides exciting and educational summer programming for children and teens, and their parents, at our in-house licensed Summer Care Program.
To ensure that every child and teen has the chance to go camping, the New Haven YMCA offers financial assistance to those in need. We believe that no one should be turned away because of their inability to pay. Come, let us help!