Summers at the Y offers an Experience for children and teens, not just care.
Enjoying outdoor fun, swimming, field trips, arts & crafts and making new friends are just some aspects of the experience of participating in our Summer Care Program. As summer approaches, the New Haven Y Youth Center reminds parents that Summer Care is a unique and invaluable experience for children and teens.
At the New Haven Y Youth Center Summer Care, youth will try things they have never tried before, build a relationship with our caring staff or a new friend, and of course, HAVE LOTS OF FUN!
The Y has plans for the summer and is gearing up for summer adventures that will keep kids active, engaged and healthy all summer long. Summer is the ideal time for kids to get up, get out and explore!
According to our friends at the Y, there are five reasons why kids should experience summer at the Y:
- ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of fun adventures and new experiences, and especially exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen.
- HEALTHY FUN: Day and resident camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their eating habits.
- PERSONAL GROWTH: While in the welcoming environment of camp, youth have a chance to learn new skills and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges.
- FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, field trips, arts & crafts, and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships. The bonds formed at camp are important and lasting for many youth.
- MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that creates memories and camp traditions that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of stories to share!
The New Haven Y Youth Center provides exciting and educational summer programming for children and teens, and their parents, at our in-house licensed Summer Care Program. At YMCA Day Camp, kids are in a welcoming environment where they can belong, build relationships and lasting friendships, develop character and discover their potential
To ensure that every child and teen has the chance to go camping, the New Haven YMCA offers financial assistance to those in need. We believe that no one should be turned away because of their inability to pay. Come, let us help!
If you have any questions, ask us! P 203 776 9622