Give For A Better Us
Bringing people together looks different during the Covid-19 crisis and so does the Central Connecticut Coast YMCA. The Y is and will always be here for our community. Now, more than ever, we need each other. Supporting each other is how we will get through this. Help the Y serve our community!
The Y is here, helping those in need in so many ways. Since the global pandemic caused havoc on the communities we serve, the Y has continued to serve. We have refocused our mission work to meet the critical demands of our community. Currently:
- Child care centers have reopened to provide emergency child care services for the children of healthcare professionals
- Homeless outreach has expanded, overflow shelters have been opened and meals have been provided to shelter families so they can stay in place
- Meeting the food insecure with meal and grocery pickup and delivery service so residents can safely remain in place
- Daily personal phone calls to check in on members to review their personal needs, especially our active older adult population in hopes of avoiding social isolation
- Families are engaged with e-mails and virtual at home enrichment activities and supplemental academic lessons for our school aged child care participants and early learners
- Virtual health and wellness classes, book clubs and member socials are being offered daily, to help reduce stress and maintain social connections, routines and physical and emotional health
- While our branches are temporarily closed, membership fees have been waived to help reduce their personal financial burdens
- The Y is the host site for blood and food drives
All kids deserve to feel safe and secure no matter the current crisis situation. We see every interaction with young people as an opportunity to connect and help them grow and develop the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
We help people and families build and maintain healthy habits for spirit, mind and body – now more than ever while their homes have become work spaces, gyms and classrooms. By helping kids, adults, families and seniors from all walks of life improve their health and well-being, we will maintain a strong community.
With our doors temporarily closed, our mission-focused work to bring together people from all backgrounds and to support those in need is more critical than ever. We take on the most urgent needs in our community and inspire a spirit of service in return. Our members, volunteers, supporters and staff demonstrate the power of what we can achieve by taking action and giving back together.
- $5,000 Support operational expenses to keep the Y serving others!
- $2,500 Support Y branches to reopen, restore and rebuild!
- $1,000 Support housing a homeless family, the need is rising!
- $ 500 Support the Y plan for the future, the community will need us more than ever!
- $ 250 Support a healthcare professional’s child, placed in emergency child care!
- $ 100 Support the virtual service expenses, helping to keep our members engaged, connected and healthy!
- $ 50 Buy groceries for a senior!
- $ 25 Support each other, all gifts count!
TOGETHER WE CAN ENDURE ANY CHALLENGE! SUPPORT OUR COVID-19 RELIEF FUND
Every dollar donated to the Central Connecticut Coast YMCA stays in our community.
The Y strengthens communities for kids, adults, seniors and families. We give everyone the opportunities they need to reach their full potential.
Forty-percent of Connecticut residents do not earn enough income to cover their household living expenses. Being a member of the YMCA should not be one of the expenses a family cannot afford, therefore, the Central Connecticut Coast YMCA, a charitable non-profit organization, is committed to overcoming this barrier for youth, families, and seniors.
Today, twenty-five percent of children, teens, and their families need financial assistance to be a part of the Y. In order to reach their greatest health, academic and development potential, they need your help!
The Central Connecticut Coast YMCA provides citizens within twenty-five towns and cities with access to the extraordinary, lifesaving and enriching programs and opportunities.
The Y welcomes all regardless of ability to pay and your gift makes this possible. Your contributions to the Central Connecticut Coast YMCA provides direct financial assistance for children, families and ALL individuals to participate in the YMCA.
When you donate to the CENTRAL CONNECTICUT COAST YMCA, you make our communities better and the “us” who live in them stronger.
All kids deserve the opportunity to be empowered to reach their full potential. We see every interaction with young people as an opportunity for learning and development, all grounded in the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
We help people and families build and maintain healthy habits for spirit, mind and body in their everyday lives. By helping kids, adults, families and seniors from all walks of life improve their health and well-being, we build a stronger community.
With our doors open to all, we bring together people from all backgrounds, to support those in need. We take on the most urgent needs in our community and inspire a spirit of service in return. Our members, volunteers, supporters and staff demonstrate the power of what we can achieve by taking action and giving back together.
Donate for a better us.
Every dollar donated to the Central Connecticut Coast YMCA stays in our communities and goes directly to serving youth and families in need. Donate today for a better us.
- $ 500 Teaches 5 children the life-saving skill of swimming
- $1000 Funds 6 weeks of summer camp for 1 youth
- $2000 Sponsors 2 families with yearly Y memberships
The Y. For a better us.
*Your tax deductible gift will be allocated to the branch selected and acknowledged as an unrestricted donation. The YMCA uses unrestricted gifts where they can do the most good, and we are committed to connecting our community’s most critical needs with donors like you who make a difference.
The Central Connecticut Coast YMCA Heritage Club honors those who have made a commitment to provide for the future of your YMCA. Heritage Club members, by their current or planned gift, ensure that the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility endure and that Y programs will positively impact your community for generations to come. Click to Make Your Mark with a Legacy at the Y.
Our friends and supporters care deeply about the future of our communities.
The Power of Sponsorship of the Y:
No one comes to the Y expecting anything other than change, positive change for mind, body and spirit. As a leader in our community, we know you understand the power of change and that your business is a driving force behind it. Together we will continue to build stronger communities. Together we make a better us.
- Raise the visibility of your business
- Increase awareness and preference for your products and/or services.
- Be a part of our journey.
Contact your local Y Branch or call P 203 777 9622 to explore sponsorship packages that will benefit your Company while benefiting the community.