The Hamden/North Haven YMCA is a Y without walls, providing programs that offer opportunity. With your donation, one gift at a time, helps us strengthen our community by providing financial assistance for school aged child care, YMCA Camp Mountain Laurel summer camp, safety in and around the water, swim lessons and programs that improve health and build strong character.
By supporting the Y, you help guarantee that everyone, regardless of their ability to pay, can experience the Y and participate in healthy programs to improve their lives.
The goal for the 2023 Hamden/North Haven YMCA Annual Campaign is $65,000 and will serve the most vulnerable members of our communities.
Some reasons why our donors GIVE;
“I give because I have confidence in the importance of promoting quality early learning environments for children that are culturally and developmentally appropriate despite their religion, ethnicity, socio-economic status, language, etc.”; “Giving just feels right”; “I give to the Annual Campaign because I think the money I make could be more helpful to others than it is to me.”
Consider making a gift:
- A $1,000 gift gives a child a summer filled with fun, friendship and the outdoors at YMCA Camp Mountain Laurel.
- A $500 gift teaches a youth life skills to become a Y Aquatic Leader.
- A $250 gift supports a working family by providing After School Child Care for a month.
- A $100 gift helps the Y teach a child to be safe in and around the water, and to learn how to swim.
- A $50 gift enrolls a youth in a Sports program for one session.
The Central Connecticut Coast YMCA is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit, charitable community service organization, EIN: 06-0662195. Your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. No goods or services were provided in exchange for your generous financial donation.
BE A PART OF SOMETHING: VOLUNTEER AT THE Y
Your generosity and the generosity of other like-minded members of our community is the core of our organization’s success. Volunteer opportunities at the Central Connecticut Coast YMCA run the gambut, from one-time commitments such as working to raise funds to support our Financial Assistance programs, to helping at a special event, to longer-term opportunities such as coaching youth and teen sports and tutoring youth.
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING WITH THE YMCA
The YMCA offers volunteers a chance to improve the lives of children and families and to make our communities stronger. In addition to feeling great about your efforts, volunteers have the opportunity to:
- Experience personal growth
- Create opportunities for your neighbors to participate at the Y
- Give back to the community through service to others
- Explore and/or discover a hidden passion
- Expand knowledge and skills through training and hands-on experiences
- Fulfill community service requirements for school credit
- Develop new relationships and make friends
- Gain community service experience to add to college, financial aid, scholarship and employment applications
- Learn, grow and HAVE FUN!
Volunteers are critically important to carrying out our mission, so we ask our program volunteers to go through an application and screening process similar to that of our paid staff members. You are a part of the team! This process ensures that the best fit is made between you and the program you are working with, while also ensuring we adhere to our safety protocols.
Focused on creating lasting personal and social change for our community
The Hamden/North Haven YMCA is governed by our Board of Managers that consists of volunteers from throughout our communities.
- Michael Brennan
- Donald Camerato, Jr.
- Jennifer Levine
- Y’Isiah Lopes
- Lenny Lye
- Walter Morton
- Dan Smolnik
- Alice Uzzle