Keeping Kids’ Minds and Bodies Active
The Y offers the following tips to help families develop healthy habits:
- High Five the Fruits and Veggies – Make sure kids get at least five servings a day, the minimum number nutritionists recommend to maintain healthy childhood development. And to keep kids’ taste buds evolving, have everyone in the family try at least one bite of a new fruit or vegetable at least once a month.
- Foster an Early and Ongoing Passion for Books – Read to and with your kids. Help children read at every age and every stage of their development.
- Team Up for Athletic Events – Set a family goal of great health by teaming up for community or charity events like races, walks, fun runs, bike rides, etc.
- Volunteer Together – Find a cause that matters to the kids. Open their eyes to a world beyond themselves and the rich rewards that come from making a difference.
- Make sleep a priority – Doctors recommend 10-12 hours of sleep a day for children ages 5-12 and 7-8 hours per night for adults. Sleep plays a critical role in maintaining our healthy immune system, metabolism, mood, memory, learning and other vital functions.
Camp and Outdoor Center
Our facility opens the Saturday before Memorial Day and closes after Labor Day. We offer summer pool memberships, group and private swim lessons, swim team, pool parties, and group rentals.
Our Camp and Outdoor Center offers 3 pools, snack bar, boating, tennis, basketball, rental, birthday parties, swim lessons and is home to our summer day camp, Camp Tepee.
204 Stanley Road
Monroe, CT 06468
P 203 261 2566
F 203 261 3146
Get Directions »
For more information about Outdoor Family Center Membership fees or Aquatics, please call P 203 445 9633.