Family Fun for Everyone
Lakewood-Trumbull Y Family Outdoor Center
Nestled in an undeveloped wooded area of Monroe, participants at the Lakewood-Trumbull YMCA Family Outdoor Center have been delighted by its charming atmosphere. With 47 acres of land the possibilities of fun, relaxation and exploration are endless.
Whether you are looking to unwind in the sun by one of our three pools, on one of our 2 tennis courts, basketball courts or gaga pits, there is something for everyone or maybe embark out on our lake in paddle boats or improve your golfing skills on our mini golf course.
Located at 204 Stanley Road in Monroe, the YMCA Family Outdoor Center is open Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Life’s Better in the Outdoors
We are so excited! We’re getting closer! We have one more step to ensure that we are meeting the highest standard for cleanliness and social distancing. The Lakewood-Trumbull YMCA Outdoor Center is closely following guidance from the State of Connecticut, the CDC, our Health Department and other YMCAs. Your health and safety as well as that of our staff and community is our top priority.
Our target opening is scheduled for Saturday July 11! We are looking forward to having you all back at the Outdoor Center! We’ll be incorporating contactless procedures and are required to have a few new guidelines.
- Hours: Saturdays and Sundays 11am-3pm and 3:30pm-7:30pm. Two sessions or visit blocks per day.
- All participants must be active Central Connecticut Coast YMCA members. Unfortunately, no guests.
- Members are required to agree and electronically sign a CCCY Adult Waiver or the CCCY Youth Waiver.
- Health screenings are required prior to entering the Outdoor Center. Temperatures are being taken with touchless thermometers to confirm a temperature below 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Everyone is being screened for any observable illness, including cough or respiratory
- Session Fees: $10/adult; $10/child.
- Advanced reservations are required. To maintain contactless entry, we cannot accept walk-ins.
- To make a session reservation, please call the Y 203-445-9633.
- We will accept reservations starting on Thursdays for Saturday and Sunday sessions.
- So that as many members as possible can participate, we can only offer one session per day per participant.
- We are limiting reservations to 50 members per session.
- Staff and members must wear masks when using common areas and maintain 6 feet social distancing from those outside their household.
- BYOC – Bring your own chairs. Tables and chairs will not be available.
- BYOAE – Bring your own aquatic equipment – towels, kickboards, noodles and goggles please.
- BYOWB – Bring your own water, water bottles and towels.
- Other Outdoor Center amenities available are the basketball court, mini golf, paddle boats, and the beautiful outdoor terrain for hiking and exploring.
We’re so excited to have a fun summer! Please keep an eye out for emails with additional information.
If you have questions, we’d like to answer them, just give us a call P 203 261 2566
Keeping Kids’ Minds and Bodies Active
The Y offers the following tips to help families develop healthy habits:
- High Five the Fruits and Veggies – Make sure kids get at least five servings a day, the minimum number nutritionists recommend to maintain healthy childhood development. And to keep kids’ taste buds evolving, have everyone in the family try at least one bite of a new fruit or vegetable at least once a month.
- Foster an Early and Ongoing Passion for Books – Read to and with your kids. Help children read at every age and every stage of their development.
- Team Up for Athletic Events – Set a family goal of great health by teaming up for community or charity events like races, walks, fun runs, bike rides, etc.
- Volunteer Together – Find a cause that matters to the kids. Open their eyes to a world beyond themselves and the rich rewards that come from making a difference.
- Make sleep a priority – Doctors recommend 10-12 hours of sleep a day for children ages 5-12 and 7-8 hours per night for adults. Sleep plays a critical role in maintaining our healthy immune system, metabolism, mood, memory, learning and other vital functions.
Camp and Outdoor Center
Our facility opens the Saturday before Memorial Day and closes after Labor Day. We offer summer pool memberships, group and private swim lessons, swim team, pool parties, and group rentals.
Our Camp and Outdoor Center offers 3 pools, snack bar, boating, tennis, basketball, rental, birthday parties, swim lessons and is home to our summer day camp, Camp Tepee.
204 Stanley Road
Monroe, CT 06468
P 203 261 2566
F 203 261 3146
Get Directions »
For more information about Outdoor Family Center Membership fees or Aquatics, please call P 203 445 9633.