Camping at the Y offers an Experience for children and teens, not just care.
Exploring nature, swimming and making new friends are just some aspects of the experience of participating in Day Camp. As summer approaches, the Stratford Y reminds parents that camping is a unique and invaluable experience for children and teens.
At Day Camp through the Y, campers will try things they have never tried before, build a relationship with our caring staff or a new friend, and of course, HAVE LOTS OF FUN! Summer is the ideal time for kids to get up, get out and explore!
According to our friends at the Y, there are five reasons why kids should experience summer camp:
- ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of fun adventures and new experiences and especially exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen.
- HEALTHY FUN: Day and resident camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their eating habits.
- PERSONAL GROWTH: While in the welcoming environment of camp, youth have a chance to learn new skills and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges.
- NEW FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, field trips, arts & crafts, and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships. The bonds formed at camp are important and last long after camp is over.
- MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories and stories that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of stories to share!
The Stratford Y provides exciting and educational camp programming for children and teens, and their parents, at our Traditional Day Camp. At YMCA camp, kids are in a welcoming environment where they can belong, build relationships and lasting friendships, develop character and discover their potential.
To ensure that every child and teen has the chance to go camping, the Stratford YMCA offers financial assistance to those in need. We believe that no one should be turned away because of their inability to pay. Come, let us help!